Availability, Rates and Reservations
- Check availability and reserve online anytime – the system is always completely current and provides our best rates. You will not find Topside Inn on any online Travel Agent site (OTAs). We want to be sure that your experience at Topside, from booking through your stay, is nothing short of perfect, so we believe the only way to ensure a great experience is provide our guests with direct access to us.
- A two and three-night minimum stay is the norm throughout our short and busy season. We are happy to help with shorter stays so please call us about one night stays and same-day reservations and we will do our best to accommodate your requests.
- Room rates are for single or double occupancy and are subject to Maine lodging tax, currently 9%.
- All of our guest rooms have one bed (queen or king) and accommodate a maximum of two people. No extra guests are allowed beyond stated capacity.
- Room rates always include full breakfast, and a host of other perks and benefits as our guest – parking, wireless internet, afternoon snacks, and local concierge service are all included. The view is priceless!
About the Inn:
- CHECK-IN is 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM with easy arrangements for self check-in after 7:00PM.
- CHECK-OUT is always by 11:00 AM and parking is available after your stay to enjoy local activities.
- Children: Boothbay is a wonderful place to vacation with children and we would be happy to provide you with things to do and help you plan a great stay. Our Inn offers a quiet retreat that is very adult-oriented. We have three family cottages in the area that are perfect for families with children. We kindly ask that if you are traveling with children that you would consider staying in one of the cottages and not at the inn, for your family’s enjoyment and in consideration of our other guests who are seeking a quiet adult retreat. Please call us for information on our family cottages.
- Pets: Sorry we cannot accommodate pets, but there are kennels nearby. Our family cottages, not located on the Topside property, are pet-friendly for dogs 25 pounds and under (Registered Service Pets also permitted).
- Topside Inn is a NON-SMOKING property inside and out, and your complete cooperation is appreciated. The breezes on our hilltop mean that smoke always finds its way indoors, so we do not have outdoor smoking areas, including private decks. The use of any item that burns such as candles or incense is not permitted. Evidence of smoking in rooms may result in cleaning charges that start at twice your nightly room rate.
Deposits, Cancellations and Refunds:
- A deposit equal to one night’s stay (plus 9% lodging tax) per room is charged to guarantee your reservation. A larger deposit may be necessary for stays of 5 nights or more. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Your balance is due upon arrival at the inn (travelers checks or cash are also accepted at check-in). For stays booked within three days of arrival, the full amount of a stay will be collected at the time a reservation is made.
- As an independently owned and operated inn, we do not overbook our accommodations – each reservation is made for specific dates, room(s), and number of guests, and we are expecting you. Cancellations and changes made with short notice impact us significantly.
- We understand plans can change and we will do our best to move your reservation or assist with a cancellation. While we have the most lenient cancellation policy we know of for a B&B, we do ask for your assistance in the event you need to change your plans. After your reservation is confirmed, cancellation notice is required 14 days in advance of your arrival date to obtain a refund of your deposit, subject to a 5% refund fee for deposit made with a credit card.
- With less than 14 days notice we can only refund your deposit if we are able to sell the room to other guests for all nights reserved, and you are responsible to pay for any nights that could not be rented to another party. We do our best to refund deposits and ask that guests give us as much notice of cancellations as possible.
- The cancellation policy also applies to changes in your arrival or departure date that result in a shorter stay. Refunds are not provided for late arrivals or early departures, again, unless we are able to fill the vacancy.
- GIFT CERTIFICATE OPTION: As a small business, cancellations at this time are difficult for us to process and appreciate refunds being taken in the form of a gift certificate for a future stay (certificates are valid for 10 years). If a gift certificate is chosen for the refund, it will be for the full amount of the deposit, the cancellation fee would not apply.
- MAY 2020 Reservations: Due to the current situation, we have reduced the notice of cancellation for the month of May to 3 DAYS for a refund. With less than 3 days, we will offer a gift certificate for the full deposit amount. We do ask that you let us know as soon as possible should you need to change your plans.