Why Breakfast at Topside Inn Is the Best Way to Start Your Day
Breakfast at the Topside Inn is more than a meal — it’s an event. Each morning presents an opportunity for you to taste the incredible foods our local farmers and fisherman produce. Many of our ingredients come directly from our nearby farmers market or our own gardens to bring you the freshest, most delicious flavors Boothbay Harbor, Maine, has to offer. Read on to get a taste of what you can expect, then book your stay and enjoy the full Topside Inn experience.
Wake up to a Delicious Breakfast at Topside Inn
After a night of pure relaxation in our guest rooms, you can greet the morning with a complimentary breakfast included in your stay. Start your day slow and leisurely, or grab a quick bite on your way to an early sail. Either way, you’re in for a treat. It’s just our way of saying “good morning!”
- Freshly brewed, Maine roasted coffee and a selection of teas
- Fresh fruit, yogurt, and our delicious homemade granola
- House-baked breads, whipped butters, and Maine fruit jams
- A special dish cooked to order
We appreciate all food preferences and are happy to alter our dishes to make them vegetarian, vegan, and gluten or dairy-free whenever possible.
Daily Special Dishes
Each morning we offer a different uniquely-composed dish cooked to order. We know our guests have active days ahead, so we keep the dishes lighter and healthier while still offering full-flavored, satisfying entrees. This is where our local ingredients shine, and we get to put Topside Inn-twists on traditional favorites.
The possibilities on our sweet days might be:
- Lemon-ricotta pancakes with Maine blueberry compote and crisp, applewood-smoked bacon.
- Sour cream waffles with a cherry-bourbon sauce, fresh whipped cream, and sausage (homemade vegan sausage available upon request)
On savory days, you might enjoy:
- Our version of the classic Eggs Benedict: house-smoked pork on a fried green tomato from our garden with a poached, farm-fresh egg and a lime & avocado hollandaise sauce
- Pear, lentil, and potato hash served with our house-smoked salmon and crispy sage with a maple gastrique and a farm-fresh egg
- Organic grits with Maine lobster, savory Creole sauce, chive oil, and a sunny-side egg
Boothbay Farmers Market: Ingredients and Inspiration
In addition to our very own gardens and fruit trees, we shop at the Boothbay Farmers Market each week for our breakfasts. After enjoying them at Topside Inn, feel free to head into town and explore the market for yourself. It’s open from spring through fall with some of the best local fruits, vegetables, meats, seafood, cheeses, breads, honeys, and jams that Midcoast Maine has to offer. You can even buy gifts and souvenirs to remember your visit!
Breakfasts for the Public
As well as serving complimentary breakfasts for our overnight guests, we also offer breakfast to the public as a way to welcome folks and introduce them to the Topside Inn breakfast experience. It’s also a fantastic way to support our local food pantry.
- By reservation only from 8:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- $35 per person in the form of a donation to the Boothbay Region Food Pantry. We accept all forms of payment for the donation.
- Space is limited to eight people per day.
- We ask for at least 24 hours’ notice.
Contact us to make your reservation today!
Enjoy the Full Topside Inn Experience
Breakfast is one piece of the special guest experience we offer at our Boothbay Harbor hotel. A relaxing getaway to Topside Inn also comes with panoramic views of the waterfront, coastal Maine charm, friendly service, and luxurious accommodations to make you feel at home. We’re steps away from wonderful attractions in town, meaning you can fuel up with a delicious morning meal then head out for a day of sailing, dining, shopping, and more. And, we’re always happy to help you plan it all with our free Vacation Guide, five-day itinerary, and local expertise.
Book your stay today and enjoy the relaxing vacation you’ve been craving. We look forward to seeing you at Topside Inn!