Breakfast at the Topside Inn
Enjoy a Delicious Full Breakfast
A delicious full breakfast is always included in your stay. When you dine with us, help yourself to:
- great Maine roasted coffee or tea
- fresh fruit, yogurt, and amazing homemade granola
- baked goods and cereals
- a different hot entree special served from the kitchen each morning
Start your day slow and leisurely, or grab a quick bite on your way to an early sail.
To the right, our homemade potato gnocchi pan seared and served with champagne poached lobster, locally foraged mushrooms, crispy prosciutto topped with a sunny side egg, parsley oil and greens from our garden.
Support the Boothbay Region Food Pantry
In addition to complimentary breakfast for our overnight guests, we also offer breakfast to the public as a way to welcome folks and introduce them to the Topside Inn breakfast experience. We offer breakfast to the public by reservation only from 8:00 – 9:15 am throughout the entire season.
The cost is $25 per-person in the form of a donation to the Boothbay Region Food Pantry. Space is limited to 8 people per day, is by reservation only, and we ask for at least 24 hours’ notice. We accept all forms of payment for the donation. Contact us to make your reservation today.
Start the Day Off Right
Breakfast at the Topside Inn is an event. It is an opportunity for our guests to taste the wonderful foods our local farmers and fisherman produce, much of the locally sourced ingredients come from our nearby farmer’s market or our own gardens.
Every morning we prepare fresh brewed coffee that has been sustainably grown and locally roasted. Help yourself to our continental offerings that always include our creatively prepared fresh fruit, homemade granola, yogurt, milk, almond milk, fresh baked breads, muffins or scones, homemade jams and preserves, fresh whipped butters and juices. Some additional items could include creative deviled eggs, mini fritatas, and more.
We appreciate all food preferences and are happy to alter our dishes to make them vegetarian, vegan, gluten or dairy free whenever possible.
Made with Fresh Local Ingredients
Each morning we offer a different uniquely-composed dish cooked to order. We know our guests have active days ahead so we do try and keep the dishes lighter and healthier while still offering full flavored, satisfying entrees.
This is where our local ingredients have the opportunity to shine and where we get to put twists on traditional favorites.
The possibilities on our sweet days might be:
- Lemon ricotta pancakes with Maine blueberry compote and crisp applewood smoked bacon.
- Sour cream waffles with a cherry bourbon sauce and fresh whipped cream and sausage (our homemade vegan sausage is always an option)
On savory days you might be served:
- Our version of the classic Eggs Benedict, with our house smoked pork served on a fried green tomato from our garden with a poached farm fresh egg and topped with a lime & avocado hollandaise sauce.
- Pear, lentil and potato hash served with our house smoked salmon, crispy sage and a maple gastrique and a farm fresh egg.
- Organic grits with Maine lobster, savory creole sauce, chive oil and a sunny side egg.
Boothbay Harbor Farmers’ Market
We shop at the Boothbay Farmers’ Market each week to find inspiration and ingredients for Topside Inn’s breakfasts.
The Boothbay Farmers’ Market is a popular local attraction from spring through fall. You will find some of the best: local fruits, vegetables, meats, seafood, cheeses, breads, honeys, jams, and much more that our wonderful coastal Maine region has to offer.
While you are visiting us in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, be sure to make a trip to the Farmers’ Market during your stay. It is a great place to go to find unique gifts, fresh produce, and local products to take home with you.