After a wonderful breakfast with us at Topside Inn and a day spent exploring the Boothbay area, it’s easy to work up an appetite. Here in Boothbay, we are fortunate to have some of the best eateries around. For lunch and dinner, you can easily eat like a king. If you are looking to have a light meal midday, then we suggest heading over to East Boothbay General Store.
Learn about all of the wonderful things to do during your stay when you download our free Vacation Guide. It’s full of our recommendations for outdoor adventure, the best shopping, and great places to eat such as East Boothbay General Store.
East Boothbay General Store: Menu
While you may not see from the name that the East Boothbay General Store is an eatery, but it is. It is a wonderful place to grab a quick bite and either eat there or take it with you and have a picnic. Open for breakfast and brunch, here are a few of the items that you can find on their menu.
- Breakfast Sandwich- A great pick me up any time of day, you have a choice of sausage, bacon, or ham. It comes with egg and cheese and is on either an English muffin, croissant, bagel, or gluten-free toast.
- Bagel and Lox- A favorite everywhere, enjoy on a plain or everything bagel that has cream cheese, red onions, capers, tomato, and smoked salmon.
- Prosciutto Egg Wrap- If you are looking to stay low on carbs, a wrap is a great way. This one is filled with scrambled eggs, prosciutto, arugula, and brie.
- Greek- As you would expect it, this one has bell peppers, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, and Kalamata olives. All resting on a bed of mixed lettuce.
- Arugula- Arugula with tomato, corn, red onion, parmesan, balsamic glaze drizzle with a basil pesto dressing.
- Bahn Mi- A delicious Vietnamese-style sandwich. It is shredded pork, cilantro, fresh jalapeno, radish, pickled cucumbers and carrots, all on a buttered roll.
- Lobster Roll- Served in the Maine style, chilled with a touch of mayo on a buttered French roll.
- Deli Sandwiches- You also have a choice of deli sandwiches. These are roast beef, grilled cheese, BLT, chicken salad, and more.
- Luau- Like your typical Hawaiian pizza but with a twist. This one includes red sauce, cheese, ham, pineapple, bacon, and scallions.
- Blueberry & Gorgonzola- While it may sound strange, it’s delightful. It has a white sauce, cheese, Maine blueberries, toasted walnuts and gorgonzola cheese.
- Super Veggie- For those of you who don’t eat meat, this pizza has red sauce, cheese, grilled zucchini, roasted pepper, red onion, corn, broccoli, mushrooms, and arugula.
East Boothbay General Store: Shopping
Another great reason to visit the East Boothbay General Store is to do some light shopping while waiting on your food. Like most general stores, it has some basic necessities for a great day. Those include drinks, snacks, and baked goods. If you ask any Boothbay Harbor local, you will know that they have some of the best cookies and baked goods around. They also carry some souvenir goods as well.
As you can see, the East Boothbay General Store is a wonderful place to eat and to shop while you are here. Looking to plan a fun trip to Maine soon? Consider staying with us at Topside Inn. Our lovely B&B is close to downtown Boothbay Harbor as well as many other area activities. We have rooms in each of our 3 buildings for you to choose from. Each of them is decorated in a simple and classic style. Our comfortable beds are topped with luxurious linens to ensure a restful night’s sleep. Each morning you are with us, join everyone for a lovely gourmet breakfast before you head out. Contact us today and begin planning your next trip to Boothbay Harbor.
Want to learn more about our area? Request your free Vacation Guide today!