Boothbay Harbor, Maine, is a popular destination for yachting, dining, and outdoor fun. But did you know that it’s also a great place to shop? From clothing and jewelry to one-of-a-kind items, downtown Boothbay Harbor has something for everyone! The next time you need a little retail therapy, take a trip to our seaside village and enjoy some Boothbay Harbor shopping. We listed some of our favorite shops in Boothbay Harbor to help you get started. Plus, we created a free Vacation Guide with additional recommendations on stores, eateries, events, and more. Take a look, and you’ll find everything you need to plan the ultimate visit to Midcoast Maine!
Where to Go Shopping in Boothbay Harbor
For the Artist
With over half a dozen art galleries to choose from, Boothbay Harbor offers ample opportunities to enhance your living space. Feel free to spend an afternoon admiring a wide variety of pieces crafted by acclaimed artists.
- Abacus Gallery: Abacus started small and has since grown into five locations. At the gallery in Boothbay Harbor, you’ll find paintings, prints, jewelry, and sculptures that are all made by local and regional artisans.
- Studio 53 Fine Art: Located along the inner harbor waterfront, Studio 53 offers an exciting collection of work on display and for sale. Be sure to stroll through the sculpture garden while you’re there.
- Ae Ceramics: Would you like to expand your kitchen collection with some unique, handmade pieces? Ae Ceramics has you covered. This local gallery takes the natural shapes of Midcoast Maine and turns them into dinnerware and accessories for your home.
- Joy to the Wind: Filled with peace, light, and love, the pieces at Joy to the Wind gallery will delight you with every glance. Admire the dancing colors of the area, and fall in love with the Boothbay region.
For the Foodie
Whether you’re craving lobster, chowder, or whoopie pies, there’s a Boothbay Harbor eatery for you. Our coastal community boasts a distinct coastal flavor that’s seriously hard to beat. To evoke memories of your trip long after you leave, consider purchasing spices or sauces from a local food store. You’ll love being able to recreate some of your favorite Maine dishes at home!
- Eventide Specialties: Eventide is a great place to pick up a unique gift for the foodie in your life. Simply purchase a bottle of specialty olive oil or balsamic vinegar, and your friend or family member will be forever grateful. They might even whip up a meal for you!
- East Boothbay General Store: If you work up an appetite while shopping, we know just the place to go. The East Boothbay General Store is an excellent destination for lunch. Food, snacks, and souvenirs are all available at this culinary hotspot.
- Boothbay Farmers Market: Make sure you browse the wares at our local Boothbay Farmers Market, too. It’s open on season Thursdays, and the selection is always fantastic. We often get inspiration and ingredients for our homemade breakfasts there!
- Coastal Maine Popcorn: Handmade and air-popped with non-genetically modified corn, Coastal Maine Popcorn is like no other! Complete with unique and delicious flavors, like Maine Blueberry Pancake and Spicy Coconut Curry, these tasty kernels are perfect for a mid-day snack.
For the Hone Décor Lover
Incorporating Maine’s classic style into your home will make you feel like you’re on vacation all year long. Here are a few of our favorite places to shop for coastal-inspired home décor:
- Sweet Bay: From the Sea Bags made out of recycled sailcloth to the charming pebble artwork, you’re sure to find some treasures and unique gift ideas inside Sweet Bay. Plus, they’ll happily personalize a variety of items for you. Don’t forget to check out The Footbridge Shop next door as well!
- Seawicks Candle Company: A great way to bring a little bit of Maine into your home is with a Seawicks Candle. These 100% soy wax candles come in unique fragrances like Coastal Storm, Blueberry Fest, and Cottage Lilac, to name a few.
- Dirty Bird Pottery: If you’re searching for an eclectic selection of pottery, look no further. Dirty Bird Pottery features a unique array of beautiful, handmade pieces that will add character and functionality to every home.
For the Gift Giver
Whether you want to treat yourself or someone special, the best Boothbay Harbor mementos will remind you of Topside Inn! Our online shop features some of your favorite products from the inn. Amongst these are our Comphy Linens to experience the comfort of Topside at home, a Topside gift bag to remind you of the good times, and our signature cookbook to make your favorite breakfast recipes from home.
For Relaxation Nearby
After an afternoon of shopping in Boothbay Harbor, head back to Topside Inn and unwind! Our coastal inn is just a short walk or drive from downtown and has everything you need for a relaxing getaway. Enjoy comfortable accommodations, top-notch amenities, and beautiful views throughout your stay. We even provide a delicious, gourmet breakfast each morning!
Check our availability and reserve your room today. We look forward to welcoming you!